onsdag 30. oktober 2013

Bolivia: Uyuni pt.2 Geysers and more lagoons



Aww, man….
That must have been the worst night I have ever had in my life. I had a crazy fever, my throat was so sore I was spitting blood with some hard green stuff from my lungs, and it was so cold I actually could not feel my limbs even as my head was cooking over. Too boot, the high altitude made me gasp for air every time I actually managed to fall asleep.
The next morning came and we were served breakfast by our drone “cholitas” I skipped it and had pills for breakfast instead.
The day went well enough, I was feeling not so great, but at least I had no fever and it was nice and warm inside the jeep so that helped some. On this day we managed to see more desert and plenty of lakes, we even went to one of the highest places in uyuni, at an altitude of about 5000 meters above sea level!






No flamingo zone

But the flamingoes laugh at that, haha!







 Anyways, later that day we arrived at this little pueblo. There we were going to stay at a hotel. Well, that sounded good enough. We were all tired and dirty and I needed a nice shower. But no dice. The “hotel” had only water after 21:00 and it wasn’t even hot to boot. Blæh. I was not going to risk getting worse by taking a cold shower. Well, none of us were going to risk it. Anyway, It’s not the first time I had been without a shower and it certainly wasn’t going to be the last either. At around eight in the evening it was time to have dinner. The Cholitas at the hotel made some fine dishes of chicken. We even had a bottle of wine to boot. Good company and good food.



Little pig


And her's the gang. nathy, Charise, Zara, the french couple and a little local girl.



Tomorrow was going to be the last day at the desert, and one of the highlights was going to go and see an “island” in the middle of the salt desert of Uyuni. One option was to wake up super early to catch the sunset while atop the island. Or we could just drop it and sleep a couple of hours more. To hell with sleep, we can rest when we die! We had not traveled this far and not see whatever we could. Good thing everybody in our group agreed on that J
So it was settled, tomorrow we were going to see the sunset atop the coral Island in the middle of a Salty desert.



Next up…

Last day in the desert.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar