onsdag 30. oktober 2013

Bolivia: Uyuni pt.3 Salt desert



 At 4:00 we had to wake up for breakfast and to pack our bags. We woke up this early because we all decided to see the sunrise from an “island” in the salt desert.  The island in the desert was called Incahuasi and after an hour or so of drive we got there.
We had to pay the fee to enter and Nathy started to climb to the top since this island is a small mountain in the middle of the desert. (Hence the nomination of “Island”)  I was right behind her, but, man… It was terrible to climb that shit. I couldn’t breathe and I was feeling like crap. I kid u not when I say that it felt like I was gonna throw up my lungs after reaching the top.  Guess that is the result of being sick and high altitude :b
Well, it was worth it, even if I had to use 10min to catch my breath. Phew…. Here are the awesome pictures we took.








After the sunrise we headed back down where Akilino had set up a table with breakfast for all of us. Great, to tell you the truth last night’s meal did a number on me, so I skipped breakfast. But after breakfast we had some time to roam in the desert and take some awesome pictures.










Awesome effect :)


Potato-chip Nathy


Outside the Salt Hotel. The Norwegian flag.













After a while we had to keep moving  cos’ we were going to go and see the salt hotel and the train cemetery right outside Uyuni.
Once we got to town, we had to search for a place to stay for the night. I was feeling like shit and I really needed a place to heal for a couple of days. Well, it didn’t take long for us to find a hotel that was super cheap. It had hot water and even cable. The prices here in Bolivia are quite low in comparison to Chile. Well, The plan was that I had to regain some strength before we could go further, so I said to Nathy that I needed at least one more day here.




Next up…
Getting shot in the ass!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar