onsdag 2. desember 2015

Brazil: Sao Paulo pt.1



Our next stop on this awesome adventure of ours was Sao Paulo. I was looking forward to getting there since my cousin Anais was going to visit some friends at the university there in less than a week. That way we could hook up and spend some time in the city. Not only that, Sao Paulo is well known for having one of the biggest metropolitan areas in South America. That meant that I would totally find stuff that had eluded me these past months.
One of those things is the lack of English books. I have already finished my last “Horus Heresy” book and I’m itching to know what’s next. I’m already on book 10 and have at least 8 books left. That story will never end since there are about 3-4 new releases a year. Anyway, Nathy and I took the bus to SP and after around 12 hours we arrived at one of the main bus stations. As usual, we didn’t book a hostel. We just take our chances on the matter, there is no better way to go about adventuring  than letting random circumstances steer our path. 
We got our backpacks and took a subway downtown to a station named Se'. When we got off we searched up and down for a hostel or a hotel for that matter, but the only thing we managed to find were “ 1 hour” hotels and that was not exactly what we wanted.  Dang! After walking for an hour or so we decided that we needed a rest. The only thing near and with wifi was a Mc.Donalds so we bought an ice cream and sat inside. Phew… We were really exhausted from carrying those backpacks and the heat wasn’t helping at all. Anyway to make things worse the wifi at the Mc.D wasn't working so we couldn’t even surf. I told Nathy to stay put and I went out to recon the area. Maybe we could get lucky.
We were actually right besides Chinatown near the subwaystation Liberdade. After about an hour of me walking around I went back to check on Nathy and to tell her that there were no suitable places for us to stay around that area. But we totally have to come back to chinatown, cos' this place was cool!

After a while, I dunno why, the net started to work and we hurried to check out were we could find a hostel near the place. Nathy found different ones but one of them was really cheap and very central. Lime Time hostel. We grabbed our backpacks and off we went to take the tube to Vergueiro metro station. We walked a couple of blocks and we really liked the neighborhood. Got to the hostel and lucky us they did had a couple of beds available.  

Here is a link to the hostel. Limelight Hostel


After a shower and a quick change it was time to go out for a snack and to see what’s what. The hostel was really near a huge shopping mall and really close to the famous Av. Paulista, one of the busiest streets in SP. Nathy had one mission though, and it was to check out where she could exchange her Chilenean pesos to Brazilian Reais. After buying some stuff at the local supermarket we went back to the hostel to eat. Nathy made dinner and I washed up like we usually do.
Today we could have gone to a party arranged by the hostel, but we were a bit tired from traveling so we hit the sack like good little children.... We totally needed the strenght cos' we were really itchin' to get to know Sao Paulo and all it's wonders.

(NOTE: No pictures? Yeah, sorry for that dear readers. With all the up and down I totally forgot to take awesome pic's today. But tomorrow I promise I'll have something for you)


Next up…
Sao Paulo 101

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar