onsdag 15. mai 2013

Chile: Back to grandma's place


Last day on the island....
Today I had my breakfast and went down to Señora Titas place to say my goodbyes and to exchange adresses. After that I went back to the hostel to take a shower, pack my backpack and to pay the prof. 
When I was ready I said my goodbyes to the peeps at the hostal and of we went to the airport.



At the airport I met my buddy Caveman. He was going back to Santiago on the same flight. What a coinsidence :) I asked why he hadn't showed up at the party yesterday and he told me that he felt terrible after his little diving adventure, so he deemed necessary to stay in bed, what a bummer :b

Anyway, me Andre and the other guys boarded and off we went back to Santiago and for most, back to reality.




That's Andre


And that's me








Got back to Villa Alemana and to grandmas house. I had to stay put two weeks before my flight to Punta Arenas. So I had to do the best of my stay here for the time being J
I spent the time with Gerhard at the store and with my buddy Rodrigo and his family. Since I arrived on Easter week from Easter island (heh) We decided to do something special on Good Friday (Easter Friday). Since it is tradition in Catholic religion not to consume meat that particular day, we decided to make a “mariscal” or “Paila Marina” It is a traditional soup with a lot of seafood. I’ll give you a link on Wiki to check out what the heck I'm talking about.




The thing that is different from the paila marina is that in the Mariscal you put some chicken and Chorizo to enhance the flavour of the soup.  Well, the thing I and Rodrigo did was to go to Valparaiso to the local marked there. Here we could find fresh seafood for our mariscal. Man, and did we find some sweet seafood here! We bought like 13kg of different fresh out of the sea seashells. This is going to be great! After getting the last ingredients from the local “Carniceria” (chicken and some chorizo) we went to Rodrigo’s sisters place. There she was waiting for us with this huge casserole!
To make things short, we started washing the clams and the other seafood and we putted it all on the casserole with a ton of water. After a while when the water started to boil, we could hear the clams clapping in despair. Oh no! they are being boiled alive. Poor guys, I’m sure glad I’m not a clam :b
Anyway, the food was ready and it was enough food for a little army, haha! Good thing we were starving. 



This is Rodrigo. Uhm... He is actually my driving instructor.





This casserole is huge!




Ah, man! the seafood was great!







Well. That was fun. 
Back at Grandmas house I had to fix some stuff. Gerhard had moved to a new place and I was alone. He left me with a table, some chairs, the bed and his old kitchen. Not much, but enough to make it a couple of weeks here. 


A piece of a bed.


Some random pieces



and a stool.



Some wire and a little imagination....



And .....


Voila! a table!



Not too shabby!



The table was a little wiggly, so I had to use plastic bags as rope to 
try to hold the homemade table together :)


While at it I had to find different pieces to make the friggin' heater work. I needed a regulator and a pipe so I could connect the gas cilinder to the kitchen and the water heater. Until then it was cold food and cold showers for me, ugh....

When I finally got all the pieces together I could make me some warm food! Here is what I made :b


Do u guys know what this is?



You put it atop a flame from the kitchen, and....



It's an old toast-making machine! Hahaha!
I can make toasts!


Well, that's how I've been living around here lately. It's not very comfortable and the nights are getting colder every day that passes. I even have a mouse-problem. There are little farm-mice lurking around and they keep eating my bread! Besides that, I'm having a good time adventuring :D



Next up.....
Punta Arenas!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar