lørdag 25. mai 2013

Chile: Punta Arenas pt.1



Punta Arenas
After being two weeks at grandmas place I went to Punta Arenas. Took the bus to Santiago and a flight from there straight to my destination. My first impression of Punta Arenas was like being in Alaska :D
The weather was just like home, chilly but not the kind of chill as in Villa Alemana. It’s a small town , but one of the biggest in the region. The nearest towns around here is Puerto Natales with a 2 hour drive and Porvenir that is also a 2 hour trip by boat.
I arrived around 6:00 in the morning, and since it was on a Sunday I thought it would be prudent NOT to go to town this early, so I waited a couple of hours at the airport before I took the local bus to town. 








The place got many different  hostels to choose from. I tried first hostel Kloeken but unfortunately for me the hostel was already full. No worries, I just walked a block and found another. This one was Hostel Anil. This hostel was a bit more expensive than the last one, but since there were no one at the place I got a sweet price for the night.

http://www.hostalainil.com/





It is said that if you kiss the feet of the indian, you will come back to Punta Arenas.




I was starving and needed breakfast, but Punta Arenas on a Sunday is well, a dead town. The only place I could find was the Mercado Municipal. There I got some of the best empanadas of the region. They had a lot of different kinds. I tried one with Crab/Shrimp cheese and one with Oyster/Shrimp Cheese. Really nice.
Went back to the hostel, took a supernicehotshower since it’s been weeks that I’ve had a hot shower and my hair is getting kinda strange :b

https://es.foursquare.com/v/mercado-municipal-punta-arenas/4d6134371939a35d4f932aee


Anyway, Later that evening I went to Lomit's (check ut link below) to grab something to eat and a beer.
Tomorrow I’ll ask about where I can go to find me some pinguins, so I’ll just chill out tonight.






Next up….
Naval Museum and food.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar