lørdag 1. juni 2013

Chile: Punta Arenas pt.2





Another day in Punta Arenas.
Saturday is the day of the penguins. That is the day I can get my mitts on one of those little guys. I booked a tour to Isla Magdalena to see those tuxedo wearing birds, but that meant that I would spend 4 days on this end of the world. Hmm… What to do meanwhile… Oh, and another thing, Nathy is coming over here to Punta Arenas next Monday. 
So I would be waiting for her too. We are going to Las Torres del Paine near Puerto Natales. They say it is quite Amazing there. The hostel I was staying did give me a sweeter price after I spoke with the lady in charge. And since it’s low season here there is no one around. That meant that I got a single room and paying less than a dorm. Sweet deal.


Anyway,  I spent the week going to museums. Kinda boring, but I did manage to get some of my writing done and to call some people that I was supposed to call a few weeks ago. Sorry guys :b Well, one of the museums that I visited was the Naval Museum of Punta Arenas.  

























Went also to the "Mirador Santa Cruz" before I went on to search for a place to chill.
Found this cute restaurant/café (Cafe Kurukinka) near the town square that had everything I needed. Cheap food and WiFi.
Todays menu was chicken soup, Chicken Stroganoff and canned prunes for dessert. All I need to survive today.










Chicken soup!



And Chicken stroganoff.





Next up…
More museums, cemetery and duty free zone.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar