torsdag 12. september 2013

Chile: Going up North!

La Serena


Oki.
Managed to do all the crazy stuff and to get my ID card. That card was going to save me if my passport’s expiration time got me into trouble (It expires at the end of august).  Everything had gone almost as expected with some minor problems here and there. Anyway, I was back in Santiago and was now staying at Nathy’s place since I was going to travel with her.


Nathy looking lost


In Calama





The first stop was going to be Atacama, to get there we went through La Serena and Calama and a lot of small towns. After a day or two, we reached our destination. Atacama is near the border to Bolivia and our plan was to go through the dessert to get to Uyuni in Bolivia, but first we wanted to look what the dessert of San Pedro de Atacama had to offer us.







The Hostel Kitty



San Pedro de Atacama was a small pueblo, but it was packed with tourist. As packed as it was it was low season and that meant that the prices on hostels were pretty low. Good thing for us! One thing that Nathy and I liked was the food here, although it was “tourist” food, they had a wicked Chicken Alfredo. Anyway, the first day we arrived there was the designated chill-out day. We always do this after a bone shattering bus-trip.


Next up…
Tour to Atacama dessert.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar