onsdag 4. september 2013

Chile: Riding the Storm




Right!
The cab arrived at 2am and off we went to the airport. Took us about 45 min to get there. I was way too early but when I was about to check in the problems reappeared again. Good thing that I was early. After a lot of waiting I got through and could check in.


The flight went well enough and I did get my backpack when I arrived in Santiago. I went straight to Inmas home. There she had been waiting for me with a friend of hers. Well, to make things short, the couple of days to come were a mess! I only had 3 days to do a lot of stuff. Fix my passport, get a Chilenean ID card, empty grandmas house and clean it, give away all her stuff to the “Hogar de christo” and to visit my grand uncle and a aunt that I had never met before (well, she had met me when I was but a babe) I even had to carry my mom’s old treasure chest full of books over to a friend of hers.  I also had to meet up with Nathy to buy tickets to Calama and to find out if we needed some other vaccines.
Much to do but so little time.


Inma, looki'n good :)



Gerhard making a toast with me in grandma's house. 
It's going to be the last toast here.


Little dog Lupita missed me. Cute doggie.



Vacine time!

Nathy had to take a shot against Yellow Fever



It was a cold day in Santiago


Nathy hailing a cab.




Next up…
Going up north!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar