fredag 6. november 2015

Brazil-Paraguay-Brazil: Ciudad del Este





Hello! 
Like I said in the last post, we just chilled and had some drinks at the hotel. But me and Nathy were getting anxious to get going over the border to Ciudad del Este over in Paraguay. So, our new friend Boris took one day off from work to accompany us over to Paraguay as a guide of course.



Ciudad del Este is like a big market to tell the truth.  Think you can get whatever you want. Well, if that you want is cheap copies that is. This place is pirate heaven. Anyway, we walked around, bought some super-cheap football t-shirts for friends and family and checked out the prices on different electronic equipment. I even bought myself a new pair of headphones. Not the real deal, but close enough.



Lot's of crazy stuff here. All made in China.....




Oh yeah, In Paraguay they don't give a crap about copyrights :D



Got myself a cool chinese-made slush cup



There wasn’t much more our guide could show us other than marketplaces and bargaining tricks so we decided to get on the bus back to brazil. Good thing it takes only about 20 min back, so we had the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted.

Btw, check out this link if you are about to go to Ciudad del este for shopping.
Ciudad del Este recommendations!


Back at the hostel, Nathy was in her training mode. She wanted to exercise so she went out for a run. I on the other hand was looking for a cinema, there were a couple of movies I wanted to see. After a little internet search I found a mall not so far away, so I decided to go there. Took me about 45 minutes to get there by foot but it was worth it. After some nice food and an ice cream, it was movie time, can’t recall what movie I saw. Remember standing in line and going out, but can’t find out what was the movie I saw…. Must have been a crappy one since I don't recall it.
Ah, it doesn’t matter at all. After the movie, it was time to get going back to the hotel. It was quite late and supposedly the streets are not safe here.
Back at the hostel Nathy was pimping Caipirinha with the hotel owner, Boris, some of our roommates and some new faces. I took a shower and went down to say hallo and grab a beer with the good people.



Next up…..
Puerto de Iguazu and Argentinean biff

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar