torsdag 11. april 2013

Chile: Easter Island pt.3




Day three:
Wow, what a sunrise…..
Woke up at around 7. Checked out when the sunrise was going to be and it was to be at 08:21. So I better hustle.
Catched a cab and it took about 20-30 min to Tangariki. There were a lot of tourist there, waiting for the sun. I estimate around 40 persons!  I found a sweet spot and sat down with cam and Gopro. After about 20 minutes it started to clear up. But there were some small clouds behind the moais. No worries I thought the sun is going to be there eventually. But the other tourist just packed up and started to leave! WTF! The sun will rise! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS! Of the 40 only a handful waited a little longer. After another 20 min we were like 5 persons left. And I waited patiently for the sun to rise from behind those little clouds, then suddenly, POW! There was our star! Looking as good as ever. As you can see it was well worth to wait another 20 minutes for this. Sad that the other dumbass peeps couldn’t wait a little longer. They have like flown thousands of miles to get here and suddenly they start rushing.
Anyway, not my concern. After the fotoshoot I went back to the hostel to get me some breakfast. Uhm… Panecakes today, Nam!























At the hostel the other guys had already eaten and were ready to go to the other side of the island to check out some stuff. They left and I thought it could be a good idea to go to a beach and relax a little. Grabbed my backpack and putted on my sandals and off I went. Walked on a road that was besides the shore for several hours, and there was no sandy beach. At least I did not walk alone. First a dog appeared and the dogs here walk with you. Suddenly two more appeared. Then after an hour or so, another one showed up. Man I was having a pack of dogs as company.  It was okey though. My pack spooked away horses and cows that were on the road so I could pass unhindered. The path I took was really desolated. The only thing I found on those long hours were cows and horses. No peeps.
At some point I got to a place that looked like an abandoned ruin. So I and my pack of dogs went in. after looking around a liitle we found som caves. I wanted to go in but my dogs were blocking the entrance and suddenly I heard some noise behind us!
Oh, it was just a dude with a Star Wars t-shirt. Another tourist I guess… Told him about the cave and then we went inside with my pack. Friggin dark I must say, I had to use my phone to light some, and I had to tread carefully since I did wear only sandals. A slippery stone and it’s game over for me.  After some picture taking my pack found a way out of the cave so I and Starwars dude went after them. Dang! That was a small hole to climb out from. My backpack got caught on something and I was filming at the same time. After a little effort I got out and introduced myself to the randomly appearing dude. His name was David and he was from Ireland.







the first doggie...



The cave entrance.



The cave....




And the cave exit, haha...


                                      




We walked together some more until we found some more ruins. We took some pictures and he was going to stay and eat his lunch at the site. I had to get going because of Rice Boy. Heh... The story of Rice Boy is this one, I promise to make it short. A couple of weeks back I started to hang on this café. I befriended the peeps that worked there and one of the ladies that worked there asked me if I could do her a favour and take sommething to her friends son that lived on Easter Island. I said yes and she gave me 3Kg of rice... Yes, rice. As funny as it sounded to me then, I kinda get it now cos' the food here is friggin' expensive.
Anyway, on with my adventure.... I had to call Rice Boy around 3 o’clock. So I  left David at the site and went on with my pack of dogs.
The road that I took is around one small volcano. It starts in the town and ends at the other side of town. So we were almost halfway and I had used almost 5 hours to get were I was :b
The road took me now into the island were there were even more horses and cows and muddy roads. The sun was really heating things up and the dogs were running wild scaring away animals. After an hour or so I encountered some people just hanging about, watching the landscape. Passed by them and moved on. 20 minutes later the same people passed me in pickups and one of the cars pulled over and the driver said if I was going to town they could give me a ride. Sweetbaby jesus, that saved me a 3-4 hour walk. I’ve already walked for 5 hours and walking for 4 more would have left it’s mark. The only downer is that I had to left my dogs behind. Bye doggies....
Got to town and thanked the guys and of I went to try to call Rice boy. Told the dude that I was staying at Kona Tau so if he wanted his rice he should try to find me there.  After that the only thing I wanted was a nice shower. Cos’ I had mud all over me.







Cow bones!




The day was supposed to be a relaxing day at the beach, instead I got all dirty and tired of walking in my sandals. I'll have to relax tomorrow. Sleepy time now, byebye...



Next up...
Looooong walk to Anakena.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar