søndag 14. juli 2013

Chile: The Road back to Villa Alemana

In Puerto Montt


On Tuesday I took the bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Montt. It was a 26 hour bus drive. Man! I must say that my ass was pulverized after that little ordeal. Well, I actually slept most of the trip, but that did not mean that my body had a great time. Well, when I  got to Puerto Montt  I found out that the next bus to Santiago was in 2 hours, and the price was only 8000 pesos. That’s cheap! I bought the ticket right away.
While I waited I went to this cozy little café to have something to eat and a cup of coffee. Of course, the café had to have Wifi connection or I wouldn’t have been there. Well, Since I was in Puerto Montt for about 2 hours before I had to take my next bus, I was unable to walk around and scout the city. 









The only pictures I took in Puerto Montt (so far). This train was right outside
the sentral bus station.



The trip to Santiago took around 12 hours, but it was okey enough. Sat beside a nice lady and had a good chat with her for most of the time. The remainder of the trip I just slept. When I got to Santiago I took the bus to Villa Alemana right away. It was no point in staying there for the night. I could manage the 2 hour trip to Villa.

Wow, almost 36 hours traveling in bus and not counting with the time I spent waiting.
Well, I arrived back to Grandma’s place (again) and I just wanted to sleep. I slept most of the day and when I woke up I was crazy hungry! So I went to the local churrasqueria to order a king size Churrasco! Nam!







Well the next days I spent in Villa were at Gerhards shop. Like I told u guys, he needed a helping hand and I tried to support him. He even was searching for a secretary and since Rodrigo’s sister (my driver instructor buddy) was looking for work I told her to apply for it.

Well, while at the store I had plenty of time to contact people, and I got an e-mail from a dear friend of mine. Araceli, I don’t know if u guys remember her. It’s the Spanish girl that I met in Mexico when I first started my tour. She told me the good news that she was going to Quito in Ecuador in a couple of weeks and wondered if I was nearby. Heck yeah, I’ll make sure I’ll be nearby. So after a little coordinating e-mails (to know how long she was going to stay, time, date, practical things y’know) I bought a ticket to Quito. Woohoo! Well, it was still a couple of weeks away so I thought just to chill it with Gerhard and start dating Susana, it's this sweet girl I met around Christmas time and haven’t had the time to take her out.

Meanwhile at Gerhards shop, he was still searching for a secretary and since I vouched for Carolina, he was willing to give her a shot. She had 1 week to impress him. The other thing that happened was that Ger offered me to work with him so we could go straight to the top and be millionaires! 
As tempting as that sounded, I could not leave my adventurous path. I had a plan and I could not get stuck in the middle. Maybe in the future I’ll come back to work with Ger, but right now it’s a no dice. After I declined the offer of stable work, he offered me an alternative. I could be a seller until I had to go to Quito. I could earn some money, and I could travel around the South of Chile while doing it. Allright! That sounded like my cup of tea. I’ll write some more on what the work consisted on my next post.
Cheers!



Next up…
Making myself ready to work.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar