mandag 26. august 2013

Ecuador: Quito pt.6. Last day.





Today Ara leaves back to Spain, and I wanted to follow her to the airport. The flight was late in the afternoon and we had all morning to try to do fun stuff or see some new place in the city. The plan changed when Guido and Florencia offered Ara a ride to the airport and at the same time on the way to the airport (cos’ the friggin airport is so far away from the city) we could visit some small towns.
What a swell idea!
Guido took us to this small town about an hour from Quito, were we went to a really nice marked. There, I tasted roasted entrails. It was a little chewy and you had to eat it warm, cos’ it’s kinda fatty inside and the fat sticks itself to your palate. But it tasted good. We did take some nice pics of a lot of different fruit there. After a while we went to this ice cream bar to have (by Guido) the best ice cream in the world. After having the ice cream we had to hustle to the airport.
A little sad to say farewell to Araceli. It’s been a great week with her and I don’t know when I’ll be seeing her again, but that’s how we adventurers roll.








"God want's to talk to you, but he won't call you on you'r cellphone. 
Please turn it off"




Guido!






Roasted entrails.



Ara taking lot's of pictures.









Guido, Ara and Florencia




After we left Ara, It was time to eat. So Guido and Florencia drove to Cumbaya. In Cumbaya we went to this nice looking restaurant that served all kind of typical Ecuadorian dishes. And one thing that was on the menu was guinea pig. Ha! I’m getting that! So I ordered half a guinea pig and a piglet to top it all.


Cumbaya!





Guinea Pig


You can see the head on the plate. Poor guy.


And this is the piglet, with tail and all.


Florencia


The pigs were tasty, but a little chewy. I believe chicken has more meat than the guinea pig, hihi. It was a good experience as a tasty one :D 
Here is a small recording on what was going on at the restaurant.

PJ Worldtour:Cumbaya

After dinner we went back to the house so I could pack my bags and find a decent plan on how I was going to be able to get to the airport at 5 in the morning. One plan was that I could just take the last bus there and sleep in the airport, but Guido and Florencia were against it. So, the other option was to order a cab to get here at 2 in the morning to pick me up. A little early, but after the little incident in Santiago I was not taking any chances on not getting aboard the plane. So after some phone calls from Florencia we managed to arrange for a cab to pick me up.
Well, the rest of the evening I just spent it with them at their home until they decided to go to sleep. I on the other hand had a long night. I said my goodbyes with hugs and kisses and waited patiently for the cab to pick me up.


Waiting for the cab in Florencias kitchen.



Next up….
For the hundredth time back to Chile and to grandmas house 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar