torsdag 15. august 2013

Ecuador: Quito pt.1, Meeting Araceli



Aww… It was really nice to see Ara again. It had been a while since last time I saw her and she had not changed a bit. The first thing she did was to invite me for breakfast. Aww, she’s so nice. Well, after an excellent breakfast, we started to roam the city and the first thing that caught my eye was this huge angel atop a hill (El Panecillo). Well, it is better to show you guys the pictures than me talking about it ;)









We walked most of the day going to different places of wonder. Like this huge basilica that I actually took some pictures of, but by some misterious reasons, I can't find. The only thing I can do is put a link to Aras Flickr page. There she has some amazing pictures of Quito from that particular day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayo2011/sets/72157633718285566/



Late in the afternoon we found this place that made fresh juices from odd looking fruits. We had to try them out! Well, I must say I was thrilled at the delicious flavors they had. There is one thing that Ecuador has and that’s all those fresh fruits. Since it is kinda hot for most of the year, they have an unlimited supply of fresh vegetables and fruits all year long.


The day went by and we returned to the guest house I was supposed to stay the rest of the week in. There I met Florencia again with her husband Guido. What a nice couple they were. I must say I felt really at home with them. It was actually like coming home to visit some far away grandparents. Anyway It had been a long day and Ara was going to work this week, so I had the mornings to scout the city by myself. In the afternoons I would meet up with Ara to dine and go to parties.



The night view of Quito from my room. 




Next up…
More museums that I can shake a rattlesnake at!

1 kommentar:

  1. Do you have the address (mail) to contact the guest house of Guid and Florencia?
    Thank you.
    Regards.
    Pascal

    SvarSlett