fredag 16. august 2013

Ecuador: Quito pt.2








Museums, museums 
Well, what can I tell about Quito. It is a wonderful city of colors. The second day there was as good as the first. Ara had to go to the museum of contemporary art to, well, do whatever she does. Meetings, brainstorming and such. I on the other hand had nothing else to do than to roam the city by myself and to go to other museums. I did accompany her to the museum of contemporary art, but after I was done I felt I would just be in the way and didn’t wanted to be of any distraction to her.
















 I walked then towards old town to grab something to eat. After that I went to the water museum. Man what a murdering walk. Anyway, I was supposed to meet Ara there in the afternoon. Hmm… as you can see there is a storm coming.


The view from the Water Museum.









She arrived at the museum and suddenly the sky opened itself. Good thing we were inside the museum. El Museo del Agua was a museum for kids to learn about water, ugh… Nobody had the sense to tell us that, haha! 



By some reason, this was on the water museum.





Anyway, when it stopped raining, we went towards old town to grab a cup of coffee. Ara told me that she had been invited to accompany a friend and work colleague to dine with an art collector at his place. That sounded like a good idea and that left me with the whole evening to do whatever I wanted. After a while she left for dinner and I went to search for one :b Found a cheap one at the great KFC, Ha! Anyway, after the food I went back to the house. There I found Guido playing around with his Apple TV. Looks like it is tv night today. Sat with him a couple of hours before Ara arrived. She had a strange, but educational evening.



Streets of Quito




Streets by night


Not a soul after 8pm



 








Next up…
Museo de la ciudad and hot drinks.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar