mandag 19. august 2013

Ecuador: Quito pt.4





Today as the other days I had my breakfast with Guido and Florencia, and after that I went out to meet up with Ara. As yesterday, she left early this morning too. Well I was going to meet her later on. Today I went even further away on an epic stroll around the city. Walked a couple of hours until I reached this huge park (don’t remember the name)

 Right besides the park I found a mall. Great! Then I can get a latte and something to eat. In the mall I found Juan Valdez coffee shop and sat down to see where and when I was supposed to meet Ara. 
Uhm... I was supossed to meet her at the huge basilica. No problem. I just had to kill 2 hours before leaving. I went and tried to find a sweater for Ara since the nights were chilly and she actually needed one but had not the time to go shopping. Found one sweater that could be of her liking and bought that. I like colorfully stuff, while she is more into dark tones.  Uh-oh… I spent too much time dilli daling at the mall and now I had to take a cab to the basilica. Good thing it’s cheap enough. There was another problem that I did not see. To catch a friggin’ cab here is difficult as hell. There are so many people trying to grab one.  It took me almost 15 minutes to get one. Well, the traffic was a mess and it actually took me a while to arrive at the basilica. Good thing Ara was running late too.






After we met up, we went to this marked on the street and to the artisan marked. It was a lot of small trinkets there to buy and I got a little present for my buddy in Chile and a little something to Inma. After a while we went back to the house. We had to look a little more presentable than usual since we were going to another exhibition and a party, yay!
The pictures below are from the exhibition. Odd looking things, guess it has some political meaning.





They may be odd, but I kinda like that they are so big.



This is street art ;)




Next up…
Roadtrip with Florencia and Guido

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar