mandag 3. september 2012

Mexico: Tuxtla Gutierrez. Heatwave....




Ahhh......
Had a night of pain. It's not always a good thing to sleep on a bus with a metal bar on your ribs. But I guess it was better than if I was sitting next to someone for 10 hours. At least I could move around, so I shouldn't complain. Arrived at Tuxtla Gutierrez around 8 o'clock in the morning. Took a cab to the only hostel that I knew of, Hostal San Miguel. There I booked for two nights in a private room. I thought it would be a good idea. That would let me work alone undisturbed. On my blog and maybe paint some. I took a shower and took my blue bag and went out to find some fun stuff to see and supplies.

Walked the route that the taxi had driven, because I thought I saw a Walmart. I have never been to one and was curious. Well, I'm curious all the time, what's new. I found the place and went in. (thank god for my superfantastic superstreet location lobe in my superbrain!) The place was huge, and they had a loads of things for sale (It was just as a SmartClub, for you Norwegian readers) Bough some cheese, and turkey slices. Bought also a 1kg tortilla for only 10 pesos, haha! Bought different juices and some rancherito chips made with coal. I don't know what that is but they were made with coal so that's gotta be good. Bought also a pack with singlets, cos it was really hot in Tuxtla and the sun was killing me.
Walked out of the air conditioned Wallmart into a 37 degree hell. That was a blow!






Sponge Bob! Yay!





Ohh... What is that?



It's a Wallmart!




Anyway, I keept walking trough the main street. I was sweating like a dog in a chinese restaurant! (jingle all the way, anyone?) Walked past a little kid, probably 4 years, and he was playing with some grass and some stones. His mother was triyng to sell some candy to the cars that passed by on the highway. Kinda sad, but the kid seemed very happy with his stones. Well, after about 2 hours walking in the sun, I decided to head back to the hostel. When I arrived I was soaked, I wanted to change and cool down, but no dice. My room was warmer than it was outside. It was a friggin' oven in there! I opened the windows put on a fan that was mounte on the ceiling and opened the door so some kind of wind could pass through the room. There was no wind whatsoever, dammit. I changed and lay down to try to cool down, an I just passed out. Slept for almost an hour, but that blasted heat woke me up. Why isn't the fan working! My eyes were red and I felt like I had been drinking for a week and hadn't had a sip of  water in a month. Blaugh... Took a look at the fan and saw that whoever had installed the thing had installed it wrong. It was blowing wind the wrong way. Man! What a drag. Walked out to the lobby, but it was the same. There was no getting away from this heat. So I took another shower, to try to cool down. That helped some, but I was running out of clothes fast. Good thing I bought those singlets. Went back to my room and sat outside in the balcony the rest of the evening. at least there was some fresh air outside. Later, it suddenly began to pour down. Ah, that was much welcomed. So I stayed in the balcony while it reained. Got a little wet , but it was heavensent for me.
Now that the temperature was a little better I could relax some and try to work some :b
Hmm.. lot of noise outside. There were some workers working on a house across the street. Hope they do not work late.












Next up...
Mexican Absolute, White Dwarf and Los Indestructibles 2!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar