søndag 23. september 2012

Maxico: Chillin' at Playa del Carmen.



Todays breakfast was assorted fruits and a piece of bread. I didn't wanted any coffe cos' I don't trust the hostel coffe. And because my stomach doesn't felt right just yet. I sat with an old guy at the porch to have my breakfast. The kitchen was allready full of people and there were no seats left. Well, sat there with the old dude. He was traveling about and staying on different hostels around. He was retired and he lived very well on his pension. After breakfast, I packed my bag, paid and left to go to the bus station. There I bought a ticket to Playa del Carmen.

Playa del Carmen was just under an hour away and when I got there an old guy asked me if I needed accommodation. The only thing I needed was AC and a bathroom (like I said before, sharing bath with 10 others is kinda tricky at times) The guy had a room and showed it to me. It was 300m from the beach so it was perfect for me. I settled down and relaxed a litle after the bus drive and the blased heat from the hostel in Cancun. Now I could sleep well and as long as I wanted without being waked up for breakfast. After a while, I went out for a walk to see how much of a tourist place this beach was. It was really tourist focused, more than Cancun if I must say. The main street was packed with all kind of foreigners, French, German, Italian and ofcourse Peeps from the US. The main street was very colorful with lots of different shops and restaurants. The prices were kinda high, but it did not come as a surprice in this place. I walked off the main street to some smaller ones. I was looking for a laundry. I had a lot of dirty clothes that needed to be taken care of. I was unable to wash them in Cancun cos' there were so many people all over the place that I would just be in the way. And I really don't want to show my flower-trouses to everyone in the hostel I was at. I locate a laundry and after that I went to drug store to buy beer. I arrived at a shop and I only had about 8 min to get the beer I wanted to drink. Got 3 different ones and left the place and headed back to my room to sleep an hour or two. I was a little burned from the walk to the beach the other day and didnæt want to be in the sun for to long.
I got back at my room and had a cold beer while watchin sommething on tv and recharging all my thang's! When the sun setted and I had my nap, I went outside to find me some wifi. Hmmm.... That was not a very easy task. I could not find any small coffe places that could have a connection. Sooo, my only option was the Burger King. Well, I did not mind because I was still feeling a little unstable with my stomach and I had not eaten a thing since breakfast (only had beer, hehe) and as you know, the sterile food of the burger king could make that the food stays solid for a while. The place had good internet connection so I sat down and started to write and to contact the world around me :)
At 23:00 I had to be home. Avatar was being shown on tv, so I had to get some water, juice and other snacks. Got back to the room and the movie had allready started, but it was okey enough. Loong movie, and entertaining enough. Ah, it's been a relaxing day and tomorrow will be another one :)









Next up...
Laundry, Beach and Main Street.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar