mandag 27. august 2012

Mexico: Mexico City. Templo Mayor!

Templo Mayor


Today I felt a lot better. And was ready to grasp the day!
Araceli was gonna pick me ut to see the museum "Temple Mayor"and the Palacio Nacional.

When she arrived she had a little present. It was her little blue bag. She knew I needed small bag to put stuff in cos' I've been draggin' about a black plastic bag :b She was gonna buy herself another bag and thought that I could use her old one. Sweet! Anyway, we headed down to the museum and It was fun to see old things from a long gone civilization and Araceli is quite the smart girl when it comes to art and culture. She works at a museum in Spain and is here in Mexico at a conference to give speeches on the things she is working on and how to work more efficiently. Well I think I got some of it right. Anyway, we went to those museums and Ara took a ton of pictures from inside of the museum (my batt was almost flatt when I was outside). After visiting them i had to buy a map of mexico. I bought the map at a kiosk and a paper Angry-bird in Captain America outfit with potato chips inside (I think it's chips, I haven't opened it yet) after that, Araceli had to go to give one of those speeches, but I was gonna meet her later on. 









Outside of Templo Mayor.


Murals on the Palacio Nacional


It records all of mexican history since the Aztecs.




There are plenty murals decorating the inside of the Palacio Nacional


My Paper Angrybird Cap. America filled with potatochips!



If Ara postst pics on flckr I'll leave a link so u guys can see the inside of the museum.
Before she left for the comferance she told me that in Coyoalcan there was a really nice marketplace with a lot of hand made stuff to se. So I took the tube to Coyoalcan, but the place I came to was the modern part of the place. To get to the old part I had a 30-35 minute walk. I started walking, but suddenly it started to pour and I had to seek refuge on a buss stop. It rained so friggin' much and I was in the middle of nowhere. The closest thing I could se was a farmacy, so I just sat there until the rain stopped. It took about an hour before the rain stopped and I could move on. The only thing is that when I arrived at the marketplace there was no one there. Ugh... Wel the place was nice though. I didn't wanted to walk all the way back so I took the bus to the nearest underground. Thought the trip to Coyoalcan was almost fruitless it was not pointless (HA!) I got to see a lot of things and new places, and I got to try the busses in the city.
I got back to the hostel to relax a little and work on the blog.

Coyotes in Coyoalcan


At around 20:00 Araceli came by to pick me up so we could grab sommething to eat. We found this cool street with different small restaurants and pubs. Picked one that looked kinda cosy and went in. After looking at the menu we found out that they served only asian food. What a downer!  Well we were so hungry that we just ordered some nudle-wok-stuff-with-chicken and some beers. We sat there a couple of hours and the nudlechickenwok was really tasty! Anyway, I had to get going because the hostel doors close at 23:00 or I would have to stay outside for the night. I did'nt really knew how strict they were with that rule, but I wasn't going to take any chances. So I followed Ara to the tube and after she left I took one to Zocalo (That's the nearest station to the hostel) I sprinted and came to the hostel just in time. Pheew... I must bee in a really bad shape cos' I get breathless in no time. I'ts insane! Or maybe it's sommething else because I've been feeling breathless since I've been here. Anyway, I went upstairs to the room and met my other roommates. A guy from New Zealand and one from Italy. The New Zealand dude had just arrived from Cuba and he had a hard time there because he looks like a "Gringo" and  well it sounded like it was difficult to do things there. But he loved the place anyway in a strange way. Oki, it's sleepy time for me. Ciao.




Next up....
Brains, TigerShark and Chocolate Cake!



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar