mandag 20. august 2012

Mexico: Mexico City. The bank job....





Breakfast for champs. Well, not exactly, but toasts and a really good coffee is close enough for me. Still waking up at 6 am local time, that's 1pm in Oslo. Very quiet on the streets. Anyway, after getting to know a guy from the states while I was having breakfast, I went to find a bank to get some dinero. Yesterday I tried a cashier and it declined my card. Asked a cop dressed in a crazy armour about where the nearest bank was and he was kind enough to leave his shield (yes, he was armored and had a shield) and point me to the right direction.
The bank was a Santander and my card worked just fine there. Took out cash and went back to the hostel to book a ticket to tomorrows Lucha Libre! Booked the fight and also booked a Mayan pyramid trip. It's gonna cost me 30 USD for an 8 hour trip with a guide, food and tequila tasting, hell yeah!
Went outside again to try to sit in a park to paint, but it suddenly started to rain like crazy so I found refuge in a museum (don't remember the name) When the rain stopped I did not have a place to paint cos' everywhere I looked was wet, ugh. No painting today, so the only thing to do is to drink. I walked some and I remembered that I went by a  bar the other day that looked very local. After a while I found the bar and went in. The bar was also a restaurant and if you ordered two beers you could get the daily dish for free. Ha! They had Some kind of tomato soup, chicharrones (it's fried pork) and something he said it was brain of sommething, they had also "Mole" and other stuff you could choose from. I didn't ordered anything because I only had one beer, and to eat brains could make me spend the rest of the night in the bathroom. But I promised the bartender that I'll come back soon to try the "mole". Suddenly a guy came with a bottle of home brewed stuff and gave it to the bartender to try. He poured a glass with the stuff and the dude that arrived asked me if I wanted to try his brew. The bartender answered for me and warned him not to pour me anything because the thing would make me ill. Ha! Then the bartender shoted the whole glass with the stuff. He clearly stated that I was not ready for the brew. Anyway, I was there a while talking with the guys and hearing a old mariachi. Wow, he was really good for an old guy. Great music, good beer. What more to ask for. Maybe more sun?

Take a look at the singing old guy right.... Here!

PJ Worldtour: Mexico City




Beer!



My dinner. Leon beer and Tomatosoup with eh... Stuff!





Next up....
Mayan pyramids, tequila and LUCHA LIBRE!!!!!

1 kommentar:

  1. denne videoen funka. villt koselig sang. d synes hang også :)

    SvarSlett